Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nerd Cafe

So I had this great idea.

I'm totally going to pawn off the idea of a nerd cafe onto someone.

In Japan they have maid cafes, cat cafes, and other interesting novelty places to eat.

In America we have... sports bars? Hooters (does that count as a sports bar)? Oh! Rainforest Cafe!

I even know the best place for it, right next to every convention center in every large city across America. Even the Trekkies and Comic Heads would go there (I think).

It's going to be called "Dee 20's" or "the Hargonian Grill" maybe just "Cafe le Nerd" I haven't decided yet; but the food is going to be awesome and very wittily named.

*Ahem*
We have the Full Plate special of the day, the chalk board with be on a full size shiny suit of armor's chest plate.

For the kids we'll have a 'halfling menu' Consisting of all the foods kids like to eat (like say: ravioli) only with super cool names and possibly died fun colors. Common what kid wouldn't go crazy for blue mac-n-cheese or a tie die corndog?

I'm going to draw up a menu (after I find a good free photo studio download) and it'll be more detailed and awesome since I'll have time to remember all the food names (like Will's Orc War Shake, a cinnamon caramel milk shake with dark chocolate on top or fudge on the bottom).

And everything will be decorated in nerdtastic style. I've already decided on huge bone (or crystal depending on who you talk to) D10 for salt and pepper shakers. I even thought it'd be fun to have a "Luck Roll" special: Roll a D20 to see what meal you get for a flat price (something like $7.50).

If anyone has any awesome ideas they want to volunteer for free let me hear 'em! I love getting feedback and am interested in what other mind sets come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment