Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh beloved DM.... I don't want your job!

Yes, I have decided that I absolutely, positively, HATE being the DM. Not only is my husband going around messing up my plot line, my line of thought, and how I set up my encounters so that I have to have everything eight sessions in advance, plus alternate and sub sessions, if I want to even have hope that his party won't decide to do something I'm unprepared for.

A lot of detail went into my world (without overwhelming me). And that's not enough.

Jex: I climb into the junk.
Rem: You see more broken bits of building.
Jex: I know but what is it?
Rem: *rolls eyes and thinks "I just told you!!!") Roll a streetwise check.
Jex: 25! *smug smile*
Rem: *Damn!* Okay there's a table that once had pottery on it you can tell by the fragments, the rotted out cross beam is like so (draws on the board)there's some scrapes of clothes, decimated chairs and what looks to have been a set up similar to the other side of the room. You can tell from here that the collapse here is what caused the floor to sink in outside the door.
Jex: What kind of pottery is it?
Rem: GAH!!!!!!! The regular kind!!!!!

I had clothing styles for the corpses they found. I had hidden keys that are going to go in little places scattered throughout the island. NOW he's going to every door handle in the area they've already stripped bare trying out ALL THE KEYS ON EVERYTHING. In a fit of Godmodding I declared that the keys are obviously too small for any key holes you find. He still tried. So I erased the keyholes all together.

Jex: I check this door.
Rem: No keyhole.
Jex: And this one?
Rem: None of the other doors seem to have their handles.

We haven't played again in like... a week or so... and I still don't want to. I don't care anymore. He can never find out why all those god statues were smashed now. I quit!

((not really, I'm probably going to have to finish the campaign now, but it's most likely going to be really really half assed now.))

3 comments:

  1. I don't think jess does stuff like that on purpose, his mind is very complex to say the least and although it drives you mad, it does get easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know he doesn't do it on purpose. That's why it's so infuriating that I can't just be mad at him and leave it at that. lol

    I think I'm going to have a little sign and a sound effect on my phone for when he finds everything I've hidden I can hold it up and play the music. After a while I'll just have to play the music to get him to move on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you can totally find the Zelda Hidden Item ringtone somewhere online lol.

    ReplyDelete