Saturday, April 26, 2014

I hate the Google + but Crit Pigeons are great!!!

Hello all!!!
*glances at the barren waste land my blog has become.*

I actually haven't been posting because of my Nexus. For some reason Google decided to hijack my device and download every picture I've ever posted on my few blogs onto it, without the option to erase anything. Not only that but it took one of my pictures and threw in a David Hasselhoff photobomb and then posted it for me on my Google + page. Which I had to have in order to keep my Youtube account, not because I wanted the damn thing.
I'm looking at the Wordpress. Because I'm sure somewhere in the fine print of the Terms and Conditions I skimmed then agreed to all of the above is perfectly their right to do. It makes me angry so I'm going to go elsewhere.

As such there will not be a little doodle for the awesomely bizarre scene that exploded on our Mutants and Masterminds game a few nights ago.

Lord and Lady Silver were over at Sir Will's place, along with Jex and I, we're playing a bastard Kamen Rider/ classic american comic book game.
The Riders Volt, Nova, and my Bio literally come crashing down in Superville as their crazy time space satellite, a tardis mini of sorts, hit a trap set by their old organization on the timeline that corresponds to out superhero game's characters Jex's Steven Scaggs aka: Arachnoshot, Will's incredibly unlucky NPC Rocker whose nonsuper name is continuously forgotten, and my completely out of place Aurora Brown aka: Briar Rose.
At this point we have a hideout that is in a pocket dimension. After Volt and Nova Robocop their selves all over Rocker's poor 1982 A-team special type van they show up on our doorstep.
I think I wrote a previous post about their antagonism with our little super trio, but it's been so long I'll refresheth thy memories. (or would it be "thine memories"?)
Prior to this our team was basically beat up by the Kamen Rider duo. They even burned down our headquarters and tortured Rocker on their minitardis station. So when they come rolling in our Characters are none too happy to see them. At all.
The Supers end up letting the Robo Time Cops into our pocket hideaway when a veritable army of other Kamen Rider types get beamed basically on top of everyone's heads. This is where it gets weird.
You know how most characters slash and burn their way through these kinds of scenes. We had that; Nova was piston punching faces, Volt nat 20'd the guys surrounding her partner with her lightning, and Rocker decided to flailing crowd surf. Jex's Arachnoshot is off in a dark corner trying to hack the enemy satellite. All very cool, all varying degrees of awesome.

Then there is Aurora. I did not make her for the environment that she now finds herself in. She is quite literally a superfied disney princess with a light sprinkling of witchblade. I thought it would be fun.... don't judge me. lol
Yeah she has her sword, she could probably slice a path into the ranks, but she's just not that effective against mobs. So what does she do? She's in the middle of a city. Most of her powers involve plants and animals... animals... like pigeons.
I'm pretty sure Will was very, very, confused when Aurora informed us that she was going to go talk to the pigeons. It was a cute thought. Maybe I could get some of the guys flat footed so the others could clean up more easily. No one could have guessed how effective it would actually be. I think we all thought that at the very least we'd all get a good laugh over a massive poop bombing.

Will rolled for the army of pigeons when they were up, a couple rounds after the actions that initiated their gathering, and got a Crit. With half a chuckle he rolled the enemies resistance/defense/damage soak I can't remember the term but it's basically a counter roll. The enemies came up a natural 1.
Will kind of stared at the die for a moment before snorting and describing the black mass of fat gray birds that swooped down on the enemies like a plague of locusts. For a moment there was little but feathers and confusion. When the moment passed those enemies unlucky enough to be caught were either very dead or covered in poo. They had quite literally been decimated. The only places free of bird crap were neat little circles around the PCs that were about 6 feet in diameter.
Crit Pigeons.

That my friends is what happens when minions crit other minions.

I'm drawing a few comics from the night. It was fun and worth quite a few laughs. But I won't be posting them here. It'll probably take a little while but I'm looking at Tumblr and Wordpress. Haven't decided which will better handle my intricacies/ make it easier for me to post instead of procrastinate... and not mess with my pictures or post for me or... *deep breath* just no more google.

May the Crits be ever in your favor. (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment